Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Unlimited Patience?

A couple of days ago, I wandered into the family room and found my children eating a huge bag of frozen fruit. Not the neutral-colored fruit like bananas, mangoes, or pineapples. No, this was the berry variety of blueberries, raspberries and blackberries! Two of my children were covered up to their elbows in purple berry stains and it was soon to threaten the color of my furniture, walls and carpet.

Just the day before, I had to wash that same berry juice off of my couch. I had asked them many times not to eat food in the family room. Why didn’t they listen to me? I have to admit, I was frustrated.


Then I remembered how many times I have said that I won’t do something, only to find myself a short time later repeating the same habit, same attitude, making the same mistakes.

Lord, help me to be as patient with my own children as you are with yours.

“But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.” 1Timothy 1:16

1 comment:

  1. Amen sister! And I think the picture of children sitting on the floor with a bag of frozen fruit was my biggest laugh of the day--thanks.

    ReplyDelete