Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving for Everyone

I urge you, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone—for kings and all who are in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. (1 Timothy 2:1-4)

As I was reading this scripture this morning, I was considering Paul’s urgent plea to offer thanksgiving for everyone. Often my prayers focus on thanking God for my stuff and the special people in my own life.

How often do I say thanks for everyone?

For all people?

Even people that I find difficult.

Even people with whom I don’t agree.

My life can be so microscopic, and myopic, so self-centered and inward focused.

How often do I turn my gaze outward and even attempt to see people as God sees them? To thank God for their lives and for the love that He has for them?

Lord, help me to see people as you see them, through your eyes of love, compassion and worth.

And to offer thanksgiving for everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment