Friday, December 11, 2009

My Daily Challenge: Chicken Taquitos


My children enjoy these chicken taquitos. They’re much better than the frozen ones. I adapted this recipe from a Rachel Ray version.

1 rotisserie chicken, shredded.
1 4 oz. can of chopped green chiles
2 handfuls of pre-shredded cheese, 4-cheese Mexican blend. (I just get the big bag at Costco.)
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
About 12 soft taco flour tortillas

In a big bowl, combine the shredded chicken, green chiles, cheese, cumin and oregano.

Heat a little bit of oil in a pan and lightly warm and soften each torilla. (It only takes a about a minute on each side.)

Place a thick row of the shredded chicken mixture in the middle of each tortilla and roll them up. Bake them on a cookie sheet at 350 until they’re lightly brown and crisp (about 20 minutes).

I serve them with salsa, sour cream and guacamole. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Simple, gotta make these tonight, i have left over chicken--thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy them! I fill them pretty thick, it's whatever you prefer.

    ReplyDelete