Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Great to Be Home!

I just returned from a wonderful week in Nashville. It was an incredible time of seeing old friends and making many new ones. The retreat of which I was a part inspired and encouraged me to continue to press on in my role as a pastor’s wife and church planter.

I don’t leave town often…rarely alone. The last time I did was over three years ago. While I was away, Gregg conveniently lost two of our children at a water park. (In his defense, the boys were standing in a long line and Gregg ran to the car to get something. While he was gone, lightning struck and they closed the park and evacuated everyone.)

Upon handing Gregg the children’s sports and school schedule before leaving he commented, “It will be a miracle if I don’t lose someone, somewhere.” Comforting.

Thankfully after this trip, all of our children are accounted for. The only casualty seems to be a bird that Jessie found and hoped to nurse back to health. The dog discovered it this morning in the backyard. 


I just found out why all of my children smell. Jessie says they didn't take baths all week. Great to be home. 


Editor's comment: Gregg adamantly just assured me that all of the children were thoroughly bathed while I was away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment