Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What's that Smell?


Several months ago, I remember being disrupted when a strange smell suddenly entered the room. (It was much different from this one.) Because Jojo and Jessie were MIA and the house was mysteriously quiet, I figured that I had better go and see what was up.

When I found them, they were in my bathroom spraying each other with a wide array of hair products and perfumes. They stunk! These products and perfumes have very appealing scents when used alone, but when they were all mixed together, the smell was overwhelming and repulsive.

Which got me thinking as I read 2 Corinthians 2 this morning . . .. As Christians, we are to be the aroma of Christ. A sweet, attractive fragrance that is appealing and attractive to others. Yet, if our lives are filled with all sorts of junk and mixed with other competing “odors”, the simplicity and beauty of Christ radiating from our lives can easily become lost and muted. Instead of drawing others to Christ, we can actually repel them.

Lord, help me to live a clean life so that others are attracted to You. I don’t want to stink.

“But thanks be to God who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him.” 2 Corinthians 2:14

No comments:

Post a Comment