Monday, October 26, 2009

Spam Musubi, Anyone?

The other day while driving in my car, I began to smell something funny. After looking through the car, Becca and I decided that the stench must be one of the boys’ stinky slippers.

Yesterday on the way to church, we discovered the true source. One of the boys presented me with a moldy, stinky spam musubi that had been decaying deep in one of the seat pockets. We’re estimating that it had been there for quite some time, but had finally developed the potency to be found.

I think it’s time for me to thoroughly clean my car. You never know what else I may find hiding and growing in there.

It’s also a good reminder for me of the importance to daily cleanse my heart. If I neglect to, things that may seem to be small and insignificant, if left untended, will grow into something ugly and stinky.

“Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.. . . Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.” Psalm 51:2, 10

No comments:

Post a Comment