Friday, October 9, 2009

Mulligans

Yesterday, Gregg and I were able to break away from our routine for an afternoon of golf with some friends.

Now, playing golf is not something I get to do very often, and I don’t do it very well either. For some reason, when I hit the ball in one direction, it has the amazing ability to follow a completely different trajectory.

Because of this, I always get a little nervous before playing. What a relief to me, when on the first hole, my friend, Annie, said, “Would you like to take a mulligan? Go ahead, take a mulligan.”

In golf, a mulligan is a do-over. You get a fresh start. You don’t have to play your horrible shot that landed in someone’s backyard, you don’t even have to count it. It won’t be written on the final scorecard.

A mulligan is similar to what God offers to us, isn’t it? A fresh start. A clean slate. A do-over. Have you taken your mulligan?

“. . . he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. . . as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.” Psalm 103:10, 12)

1 comment:

  1. Kris, you have such a gift a drawing spiritual parrelles from your real life experience, thank-you so much Jay and I both love to read your posts.

    ReplyDelete