Saturday, September 12, 2009

Searching for Justin

One of the scariest experiences a parent can have is not being able to find their child. Only twice has my search for them gone so long that I was reduced to tears. Today was one of them.

Justin had finished his soccer game and we were now at Jordan’s game. About halfway through the third quarter, we realized that Justin had disappeared. We looked everywhere. Other fields, playgrounds, bathrooms. . . couldn’t find him anywhere. My heart began to race. It wasn’t like him to wander off without telling us—and he had just been sitting with us minutes before!

It was well into the fourth quarter when one of the parents shouted to us from across the field, “He’s over here!” Justin was just sitting on some steps, but a concrete wall had blocked him from our view.

After the whole experience, Gregg told me I shouldn’t have panicked. But I’m a mother. Can you expect anything less from a mother who can’t find her lost child?

How desperately God must feel towards his lost children.

“I will search for the lost and bring back the strays.” Ezekiel 34:16

“In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost.” Matthew 18:14

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this, Kris. It really ministered to my heart. Sometimes, I can forget how much God loves me, that He cares for me so much! Also, this helped me to remember that God is in control of those people that I tend to worry about and love very much. He loves 'em more. :D -Keiko

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the Record when we "lost" Kensley earlier this year I told Tammy she should not have panicked. Men - so rational. Glad Gregg has you and I have Tammy.

    ReplyDelete