Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Generous Life

A couple of months ago as some guests were leaving our home, Jessica began showering the children with toys as they left. She had several dolls and stuffed animals that she was liberally giving away.

I was so proud to see my daughter selflessly giving her things to other children. Then from the other room, I hear my son yell, “Hey that’s my toy!” And then my daughter, “And that’s my stuffed animal!”

Jessica was liberally giving away her brother’s and sister’s stuff! She didn’t have difficulty giving it because it wasn’t her stuff to begin with.

Which made me think. . . Maybe if I saw everything that I have been given, as God’s and not really mine anyway, maybe then I would find it easier to liberally and generously give it away?

1 comment: