Wednesday, September 30, 2009

An Audience of One

This afternoon, I overheard Jordan and Jessie sword fighting. Jessie was yelling, “All for one and one for one!”

I mentioned to her that the proper way to say the chant was, “All for one and one for all!” But she just couldn’t get it. So off they went shouting, “All for one and one for one!”

Which got me thinking. . . How much energy do I spend throughout the day living with a one for all mentality? Trying, on my own, to please everyone, make everyone happy and meet everyone’s needs?

I want to live one for One. In all that I do, to seek and pursue the praise that comes from the One, Jesus Christ.

Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ. (Galatians 1:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment