Monday, January 9, 2012

Why Do I Serve?

"Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord and not men, because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does." Ephesians 6:7-8 


Too often I look for my reward to come from men, not from the Lord. I want the recognition, I want the encouragement, I want the honor. Isn't this what the hypocrites were desiring too? 


"Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven." Matthew 6:1 


Ouch. I want to live for a reward that comes from God.

1 comment:

  1. I love this version from Ephesians. My word for this year is wholehearted and this is such a perfect verse. I struggle so much to keep my focus on pleasing God and not people. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete