Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The God Who Sees Me



This morning during my devotional time, I read Genesis 16. This is the story of when Sarai, unable to have children, gives Hagar, her maidservant, to Abram. Then when Hagar conceives a child, Sarai begins to take her hurt, insecurity, jealousy and anger out on Hagar.

Talk about dysfunctional!

Hagar must have felt so betrayed. So unloved. So used. So alone. 

After the angel appears to her, “she gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: ‘You are the God who sees me.’” Genesis 16:13

When I hurt. . .

When I cry . . .

When I feel all alone. . .

You are the God who sees me. 

1 comment:

  1. i relate so much to this story, especially after being a single mom for 11 years. he does see and He knows and He is so faithful. we serve an amazing God.

    i finally found a way to contact u.=] im patricia, im a missionary out here from dave and amy polus' church in LA. i moved out here 6 months ago and amy had told me to try and get in touch with you and i met u once (i was introduced to you at a starbucks) but i never got the chance to ask for your email. im trying to look for a women's discipleship group here or just other women ministers that i can connect with somehow. hopefully we will have the chance to connect again soon. =]

    ReplyDelete