Monday, January 18, 2010

One Missing Piece

Several years ago, I bought a 1000 piece Thomas Kincaide puzzle. Every Christmas since, I’ve dusted it off, opened it and attempted to assemble this incredibly difficult puzzle. And every year, I fail to finish it . . . until this year.

After hours of work, days of neglecting housework and feeding my children cereal, I finished! Well, almost. One darn piece was missing.




Thankfully, after searching around a bit, I found it and officially finished the puzzle.



It made me think of Gregg’s message yesterday, The Power of One Life. He talked about the value of one person’s life—their potential to make a powerful difference in the world.

Even before God fashioned you in your mother’s womb, He knew you. You are valuable to God. Before you did anything, accomplished anything, achieved anything, you had value to God. God has a unique purpose for your life!

As I looked at my puzzle that was missing one piece, I was reminded that every life is valuable to God and necessary. Just one person living separate from God’s created purpose, makes a big difference.

God knows you intimately and designed you for a specific work. It’s a work that stretches beyond your own life and invites you to share with God in his compassion and concern for the people in your city.

Don’t be that random puzzle piece that’s hiding on the floor somewhere. Allow God to use your life to create something beautiful.

2 comments: